1) Tends conveyor line enclosed in series of circular chambers to cook canned milk to sterilize and change viscosity and color of milk: Turns steam, water, and hot air valves and observes gauges to adjust temperature of heating, cooking, cooling, and drying chambers.
2) Observes panel lights for machine failure and stops conveyor to remove jammed cans.
3) Observes filled sealed cans moving through chambers and removes dented cans or sample test cans.
4) Opens sample can and dips spoon into sterilized milk to observe grain, viscosity, and color.
5) May alter cooking temperature or add measured amount of calcium or phosphate to milk batch to obtain specified grain and viscosity.